Tuesday, November 15, 2016

POL 166 HW#9- Opinion on Trump winning Election

I did not follow the election from the beginning. I did not see Trump making crazy personal as opposed to political insults against his enemies trying to be commander in chief. However, I do remember him becoming the Republican Nominee. He actually made it that far. I was already uncomfortable then, because how could he have actually won is what I thought, since the media and the people I'm around are so anti-trump, I really couldn't believe that he actually beat every other candidate and became the nominee. I would ask my friend, what does this even mean. But to be completely honest, what surprised me more, is that Hillary Clinton beat Bernie Sanders and became the Democratic Nominee. From that moment on, I was in acceptance that the politics were not in my
not in my favor. Donald won Republican and Bernie lost Democratic, nowhere in there, did I actually care about Hillary Clinton's accomplishment.

The whole time since then, I was led to believe falsely because I wasn't thinking of the accomplishments that Donald has made to even make it as far as he did, that Donald would not become president. Again, another example of it's not about Hillary winning, it's about Donald Trump Losing. Just like when Hillary won against Bernie, it wasn't about her winning, it was about the fact that Bernie had lost. The first time I uttered the sentence "can trump actually become president now?", I should have known that he was going to become president. There is some kind of invisible
force this entire election season that made everything go completely wrong. Bernie lost to Hillary, and then Hillary lost to Trump at the end.

So how did I feel when Trump had one initially? I came home at like ten at night, to see more red states than I was comfortable with seeing. The polls estimated a landslide so I expected to see a lot of blue. I had hope but the fact that it was that close made no sense to me. I was already in acceptance because the fact that it's this close means that with every advantage Hillary had, Donald still ended up getting this close to you. He has something. I wake up the next morning, and Trump is our new
president is the talk of the day everywhere. I felt like it was too awful to be true. How could he actually have made it this far. How could we let this happen. It's something I didn't like to think very much about initially. I was really upset at thinking it because my imagination didn't know what to make of it. He is blunt and unpredictable. I thought, he's going to start a war, that I do not want to be drafted into. It was sickening, and it just felt like such a loss.

However, this week has passed, and now I think differently. I really think to myself, president-elect Donald Trump is now the new face of our country. He actually took his name and made it presidential. I've always gone to the Taj Mahal as a kid and seen him featured in the WWE a few times, but never thought this guy will be president. I did not consider him president material, but here he is, the new president. He is the truth. I appreciate his victory just because he is an asshole, but he's real, and he won. It sucks, but at least we have someone that didn't promise a lot of "good" things, that we all know is bullshit, that won't be delivered because if you're making a profit at the expense of the working class whom you have no intimate connection with you know you're not really looking out for them. He promised a lot of shitty things, though. Building a wall in Mexico, deporting "illegal" immigrants.

We complain a lot that our presidents don't change or contribute anything in reality, and I think that is interesting. Because so far, everything since Donald Trump's declaration to become a presidential nominee has gone backward. Bad lost to good, and no experience beat experience. So as worried as I am about the uncertain path of our new president, I'm pretty sure that he will easily go down as a historic president, more than Hillary would have ever been, and as historic as Obama has been, and change for our country may actually happen now. Especially with congress being red all over.

No comments:

Post a Comment